- "dwm is a dynamic window manager for X."
- - Suckless
The idea of the dynamic window management was simply to combine both the
feature/management of tiling and stacking window manager. This allows for some
versatile workflow and productivity.
DWM can be configured via the config.def.h file. You can also patch dwm to your
I have 2 patches which combined useful/cosmetic patches to dwm 6.1 and dmenu
4.6 into one (meta) patch. These are also available from my files page, and
found separated in the suckless patches page.
dwm 6.1 patch (Updated: 2017 AUG 18):
- alpha - Allow dwm to have translucent bars, while keeping all the text on
- emptyview - dwm will start with no tag selected
- hide vacant tags - prevents dwm from drawing tags with no clients
- noborder - remove the border when there is only one window visible
- pertag - keeps layout, mwfact, barpos and nmaster per tag.
- useless gap - For aesthetic purposes, this patch:
- adds “useless gaps” around windows
- removes everything (gaps and borders) when in monocle mode for
This patch is intended to use along-side with the dmenu patch, although if
you don't want to use the dmenu patch, you can comment out the section for
the dmenu transparency, opacity, and colours.
2017 AUG 18
Fixed/added the features intended (the one before was quite an old
dmenu 4.6 patch:
- alpha - There isn't a patch for dmenu on suckless, but I was able to easily
copy parts over from the dwm patch on dmenu and the translucency
- xyw - The patch adds options for setting window position and width.
DWM Suckless main page
dmenu Suckless main page